Too Cute


Came across this little match holder on eBay after being inspired by an article in the latest issue of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion about Holt Howard Pixie ware serving pieces. Not that I have to rush out and start collecting Pixie ware, which is both terribly cute and expensive, but that something like this stuff even existed just makes me want to laugh.

This collection is too fabulous and the expressions on the faces are just too much fun. In fact, I would really like to make some new dolls with expressions inspired by these pixies.


However, I have many other things that I've been putting off working on to launch a whole new project in a different direction. Much of the last several weeks have been me watching old episodes of Dr. Who that my hubby recorded off of PBS back in the eighties, but which I'd not seen. In particular, I'd never seen any of the episodes with the seventh Doctor. Now that the series has its revamped look and the spin off show Torchwood (both of which have more adult content and themes as well as better effects and music) my love of the show has been renewed. While I'm watching I'm making many granny squares for yet another throw. I have a bit of an crochet bug right now, which considering how hot its been outside is quiet funny. However, crochet, much like hand quilting, or embroidery is one of those things that I can do at in the evenings at work and set aside as needed to assist my clients.

Comments