This is what I do with extra 10 minutes

Hi,
I have a confession to make. I often have more than a few extra 10 minutes. However, sometimes even with time to do things I still don't seem to get things done. In the last several weeks I have been meaning to start sewing a new batch of dolls for sale, work on a doll for my Mom, start the dolls I promised to my nieces, bind a quilt I finished hand quilting several weeks ago. I could simply go on and on lamenting the list of various tasks I have been planning to do and not doing.
When I have a few minutes to kill, say waiting for a Dr.'s appointment, I generally use that time to make a new to do list or read some more of my latest book. At the moment, I am working my way through a series of novels by C.J. Cherryh. I had been meaning to read her novel Cyteen (orginally published in three parts, but now out in one large edition) and once I did that I was hooked. If you like suspenseful, and well written science fiction that looks at how society changes through genetic and psychological engineering and life in colonies far removed from as the books call Earth, the motherwell, then her Merchanter series is for you. Having read Cyteen, I am now into the novel Hellburner the sequel to Heavytime by Cherryh. While the novels are linked by being a part of the same history/universe you don't need to read them in order. The other thing I do with a few spare minutes happens mostly at my job, I usually sit down and do a bit more crochet or embroidery or handwork on whatever portable project I'm working on at the moment.
Sometimes though I think my cat has the best idea of what to do with an extra few minutes...napping on the couch.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments