Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring...

Hi,
It is wet today. I can hear rain and thunder rumble outside my office window. I am getting over a cold, and feeling just a tad bit grumpy. Things are changing at my job. Due to the way state funding is shifting for adults with severe/profound developmental disabilities, the agency I work for is having some funding issues. Out of these funding issues has come the news that the very stable house I have been working at for the last three and half years, with four very lovely individuals I have gotten to know quite well, is going to be split up. As of yet there is no official word about who is moving, where they are moving to (i.e. what kind of living situation) and on a selfish note what is going to happen to my job. There is the possibility that my position (I work a 56 hour shift from Friday at 3pm to Sunday night at 11pm with time to sleep) may no longer be needed. If that's the case I don't know what arrangements my agency will have available to keep me employed. Basically, its all up in the air at the moment, not a really happy place to be. So, hence I a feeling a bit grumpy today before a have to go to work. I really don't want to change jobs, but that may not be within my control. Anyway, just felt like venting a bit. Maybe if it stops raining I'll feel better. This picture of my cat Ayesha glaring at the hated vacuum cleaner says it all though.
Posted by Picasa

Comments