I've been away

So, It's been a while since I've written for you oh, my sad little blog. However, I sense your time of being neglected is almost over. I have lots to write about since my lovely vacation with my nieces in Iowa City, and finishing a quilt in time for it to be in my guild's quilt show. There are other projects a foot, some quilt, some paper and photos to be taken as well. In the mean time I will give the following reading recommendations.
For a funny and fast fantasy read try Tanya Huff's Summon the Keeper series (book two and three are titled the Second Summoning and a Long Hot Summoning). In the non-fiction arena I recently finished It Sucked and then I Cried (How I had a Baby, A Breakdown, And A Much Needed Margarita) by Heather B. Armstrong. Pretty much the title says it all, but really this is her account of choosing to get pregnant, having her daughter, and then being devastated by post-partum depression to the point that she hospitalized herself in order to be able to be the mother her anxiety and depression wasn't allowing her to be. I came across this book via her website http://dooce.com and so liked her sarcastic take on life that I requested the book from my library to read and then gobbled it up in a few short days. Currently I'm reading Made from Scratch, Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life by Jenna Woginrich. While I don't think I am going to pursue any of her DIY farming ideas (I personally don't want to own chickens, grow a vegetable patch or raise rabbits) I do enjoy reading about her adventures trying out these things. So, there's a bit of a snapshot from my bookshelf. What are you currently reading? Is it any good? I'll be back with more soon.

Comments