Mimi Kirchner's Handmade Portrait

I have been reading Mimi Kirchner's blog for a while and find her dolls really interesting. I haven't posted a lot about my own doll making, in large part becasue I've not made any new dolls in a while. However, Mimi's work was recently featured on Etsy in this short interview and I thought I would include it here. One of things I find most interesting about her dolls is the very tactile quality they have with their carefully hand embroidered faces and wool and cashmere bodies. In particular, I think the tattooed men are just such an inventive and great idea. This is why I love to see what other doll makers are doing, because they see possibilities or pursue certain ideas in a way I wouldn't have thought of. I have learned so much both by making dolls from other peoples patterns and seeing what they are making and learning about what they are passionate about.

Comments

Emily Claire said…
What a lovely video. Thank you for posting this. I hope you make some more dolls soon! You can do it! :)