Friday, September 4, 2009

A cool doll with patchwork skirt.


I came across this particular photo over on Wisecraft, a lovely blog and just had to share it. I've been thinking about doing some rag type dolls and this one as well as this one from a older doll book I have. The top doll is from Patchwork Simplified by Alice Timmins, circa the seventies. The little prairie girl below is from a Better Homes and Gardens book, Cherished Dolls to Make for Fun, copyright 1984. I also have drawn a face for a rag doll based on this cute little matches container I saw online quite a while ago. I'm thinking about doing a simple rag doll, just to get back into sewing dolls again. I love doing the more complex bodies and the needle sculpted faces, but just at the moment these simple beauties are calling to me.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Art4Sol said...

These dolls are wonderful renditions of "oldies" from the past! I love the idea of using gingham for the body parts.

... said...

I made a black apple doll at the beginning of the summer for craft hope. It was really easy and there is a lightning fast tutorial video over at Martha Stewart. If you go to www.crafthope.com I think they have links. Here's the one I made: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14816781@N06/3614398571/

Thanks so much for visiting so wabi sabi and entering my giveaway and for the soulcollage tip. Those are really awesome.